Conditions Treated With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn More About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in the Greater Baton Rouge Area
As men and women approach middle age, it’s normal for their hormones to decrease production. Most people know that and expect to experience at least a few changes in their physical and emotional health because of it. Fewer people are aware that hormone imbalance is behind a number of chronic health conditions like arthritis and diabetes. Unfortunately, many traditional doctors are unaware of this as well. They tend to treat only the presenting symptoms of a disorder without searching for an underlying cause.
Doctors who offer Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Baton Rouge Louisiana do things differently. When you visit one of them for the first time, they conduct a comprehensive physical exam and hormone testing to see what is causing your health issue. If it’s related to a hormone imbalance, they will offer you Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) as a treatment option. This alternative therapy compounds natural plant materials into a customized compound for each patient. It targets your specific area of hormone imbalance and helps brings fast relief of the symptoms associated with your health condition.
Common Conditions Treated with Bioidentical Hormones:
- Symptoms of Andropause
- This is the medical term for a series of symptoms experienced by men around the age of 40. Testosterone levels begin declining one percent every year starting around age 30, which causes symptoms such as erectile dysfunction, mood swings, weight gain, lack of motivation, and fatigue. Balancing testosterone levels with BHRT helps to relieve these problems and helps men feel as energetic as they did at an earlier age.
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Autoimmune disorders, such as arthritis, lupus, and fibromyalgia, occur when the body misinterprets signals and attacks its own healthy cells. Common symptoms include muscle aches, brain fog, fatigue, weakened immune system, and sensitivity to temperature changes. After determining your specific disorder and hormone imbalance, your doctor creates a BHRT compound for you. While your disorder is unlikely to go away entirely, BHRT allows for maximum symptom control.
- A person receives a diabetes diagnosis when his or her blood sugar remains elevated over an extended time. This occurs when the pancreas fails to make enough of the insulin hormone. Insulin is essential to help the body create glucose, which then converts food into energy. BHRT can help balance insulin levels to make symptoms of diabetes more manageable.
- Symptoms of Menopause and Perimenopause
- Women can experience symptoms such as weight gain, irritability, headaches, low libido, and depression for more than 10 years before they stop menstruating. This is due to rapid changes in the estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone hormones as the body changes from actively fertile to permanently infertile. Balancing the specific hormones that require it can help women stop suffering and actually enjoy this time of life.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Having an underactive or overactive thyroid gland are both symptoms of a hormone imbalance. The thyroid, although microscopic in size, is one of the most important organs in the human body. It sends chemical messages to your brain, gastrointestinal tract, reproductive organs, and many others. People with a thyroid disorder typically experience mood swings, weight problems, fatigue or hyperactivity, irregular bowel habits, and sexual performance issues. BHRT Doctors in Baton Rouge use an accurate thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) laboratory test to determine your values and create a treatment plan to address your deficiencies.
These are just some examples of conditions treated with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Baton Rouge Louisiana. There’s a good chance your health conditions can be treated with BHRT as well, even if you don’t see it listed. Contact a Baton Rouge Bioidentical Hormone Doctor today to learn more
Locate Baton Rouge Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You